Friday, February 25, 2011

Getting and Spending

Just in case you thought this was a total scam, My Heart's Desire wrote to let us know that they got a check for about $1,500 in the mail a few weeks ago.


They asked if we wanted them to spend it any particular way. I suggested that the whole amount go to a large bronze plaque of my face. Something simple. And tasteful. Like this:

(Not drawn to scale. Actual size is like, at least 3 or 4 feet long. At least.)

I also told them I thought it would probably cost a little more than the amount we raised to get a really nice plaque, so it might actually cost them a little out of pocket, but that it would totally be worth it. Because you don't want to be cheap and then have to look at a crappy plaque every day and then be all, "I totally should have shelled out the extra 2k. Biggest mistake of my life."

They suggested spending it on deworming the rescue dogs so that they are healthy enough to be adopted. I was all, "Ok, I guess. I mean, whatever. It's your money. And apparently, you think you know best. I'm just saying, nobody doesn't like a good plaque. But whatever. That's cool..."


A big thank you to all who helped make that check possible.
And if you want to be a part of the next check that goes out, it's as simple as clicking this button:

Donatebutton_narrow

No comments:

Post a Comment