Monday, March 28, 2011

Princess Glitterpig

This is Princess Glitterpig. No, I'm sorry. This picture really doesn't do him justice. In person, he looks more like this:

Princess Glitterpig


Better.


With Glitterpig's help, I got my coworkers to donate $170 last week through a week-long bake sale. It was pretty awesome. And everyone fell in love with Glitterpig. One of the secretaries adopted him through a generous donation, but his presence is definitely missed this week around the office. So I'm working on GJ (Glitterpig Junior) as a surprise thank you gift. He's currently snout-down on my living room table, having just gotten a brazillian glitter treatment this morning.


In other news, I ran my 3rd half marathon in 3 months. I finished in 2:17:54, which is over two minutes faster than my first half. I would also like to point out that this is just 30 minutes behind Troy Aikman, who was also there. Sadly, I was not as close to him yesterday as I was that one time he was getting his hair cut as the same place as me. That time I coulda reached out and slapped him. But I didn't. Cuz that's rude.


ANYWAY, with last week's donations, we are now just under $1,000 shy of our goal! And we are now officially in the last month! One month! If you've been thinking of donating, now's the time. And if you can't donate the online minimum ($10), you can throw some dollar bills at me or my sister in person and we will scramble to pick them up. Seriously. You should know by now we have no shame. (Really. How do you not know that by now?)



Donatebutton_narrow

No comments:

Post a Comment